Latest News and Announcements
2014 Chicago Pathology Society Resident Research Competition Winners
- FIRST: Bridget Banach: “ ‘Early’ and Other Patterns Associated with Intraductal Carcinoma of the prostate (IDC-P): A Study Focusing on Proximal Duct (PD) Involvement and PTEN Loss”
- SECOND: Kamran Mirza: “C4d Immunoreactivity in Endomyocardial Biopsies after Heart Transplantation: A 10-Year Prospective Analysis"CONGRATULATIONS!!!
2013 - Seungmin Hwang, PhD - Young Investigator Award
Seungmin Hwang, PhD: We congratulate you on becoming the Cancer Research Foundation Young Investigator Award Recipent for 2013.
USCAP 2013: Baltimore, MD
USCAP 2013: Baltimore, MD: 30 abstracts and one platform. Our institution was top 10% of first-authored scientific abstracts accepted for presentation in addition to being the top ten programs in the world for submissions for the prestigious Stowell-Orbison Awards Competition for Pathologists-in-Training.
2012 Chicago Pathology Society resident research competition
Our residents bagged all three prizes First, second, and third in the 2012 Chicago Pathology resident research competition.
- FIRST: Maria Tretiakova : “MULTIPLEX LIGATION-DEPENDENT PROBE AMPLIFICATION (MLPA) ASSAY A NOVEL APPROACH FOR RENAL TUMOR TYPING”
- SECOND: Zhao Lei: “Macrophages in Early Lesions of Crescentic Glomerulonephritis”
- THIRD: Mei Lin: “MicroRNA Expression Analysis Suggests Genetic Similarity Among Urachal Adenocarcinoma Morphologic Variant”
USCAP 2011: San Antonio
USCAP 2011: San Antonio, TX: 5 platforms, 21 posters, 1 art exhibit. We are in the top 5% of programs world-wide for first-authored posters and platforms!