Latest News and Announcements
2014 USCAP Awards
Kamran Mirza (PGY3), is the winner of the Society for Cardiovascular Pathology’s Young Investigator Award at this year’s USCAP Conference. Congratulations!!!
2014 Chicago Pathology Society Resident Research Competition Winners
- FIRST: Bridget Banach: “ ‘Early’ and Other Patterns Associated with Intraductal Carcinoma of the prostate (IDC-P): A Study Focusing on Proximal Duct (PD) Involvement and PTEN Loss”
- SECOND: Kamran Mirza: “C4d Immunoreactivity in Endomyocardial Biopsies after Heart Transplantation: A 10-Year Prospective Analysis"
2013 - Seungmin Hwang, PhD - Young Investigator Award
Seungmin Hwang, PhD: We congratulate you on becoming the Cancer Research Foundation Young Investigator Award Recipent for 2013.
USCAP 2013: Baltimore, MD
USCAP 2013: Baltimore, MD: 30 abstracts and one platform. Our institution was top 10% of first-authored scientific abstracts accepted for presentation in addition to being the top ten programs in the world for submissions for the prestigious Stowell-Orbison Awards Competition for Pathologists-in-Training.
2012 Chicago Pathology Society resident research competition
Our residents bagged all three prizes First, second, and third in the 2012 Chicago Pathology resident research competition.
- FIRST: Maria Tretiakova : “MULTIPLEX LIGATION-DEPENDENT PROBE AMPLIFICATION (MLPA) ASSAY A NOVEL APPROACH FOR RENAL TUMOR TYPING”
- SECOND: Zhao Lei: “Macrophages in Early Lesions of Crescentic Glomerulonephritis”
- THIRD: Mei Lin: “MicroRNA Expression Analysis Suggests Genetic Similarity Among Urachal Adenocarcinoma Morphologic Variant”
USCAP 2011: San Antonio
USCAP 2011: San Antonio, TX: 5 platforms, 21 posters, 1 art exhibit. We are in the top 5% of programs world-wide for first-authored posters and platforms!